Sunday, December 7, 2008

...

Have you ever wondered what it was deep inside your mind
That made you tick like a clock with time
Have you ever wondered what makes you...you?
What gives you your value and truth?
I am
I am the one that feels your pain
When you are lost in a storm of rain
I am the one that clearly sees
When no one else will ever believe
I am the one that is not afraid
When others say you cant be great
I am the one who comforts you at night
When no one else is there to help with the battles you fight
I am the one who is with you step by step
As you aim to be the best
I am the one who makes you do things right
And who gives you the drive to study deep into the night
I am the one that taught you to never give up
And that being right is not about luck
I am the one that taught you discipline
And to take each hit you receive with a grin
I am the one that tells you everything will be ok
Even when it does not seem that way
I am the one that brings you success
While you look on to what comes next
I am the one who takes your hand
But leaves not footprints in the sand
I am the one who lets you find joy in nothing
And I am the one who gives you pride in everything
I am the one that helps you to dream
So that the future can be greater than it now seems
I am the one who makes you think ahead
And not give into the pressure no matter what anyone said
I am the one who knows you will achieve
Even though no one else believes
I am the door that never shuts
And I am what gives you your guts
I am what makes you go when others stop
And what makes you look when others may not
I am that voice inside your head
That tells you that you can while you dream in bed
I am what gives you the drive
To want to be better every time
I am what tells you there is something above
And that there is always plenty to love
I am what makes you try so hard you cry
And I am what makes you so shy
I am why you may feel insecure
But I am also what does this to give you no fear
I am what wants you to succeed
And I am what you bleed
I am what makes you think too much
I am also the one that does this to make you tough
I am there when you don't know
And sometimes you think I will never show
I am your drive
I am your life
I am your strength
I am your sight
I am your love
I am your fear
I am the one that is always near
I am the fire
I am the storm
I am what makes you out of the norm
I am the passion
I am the lightning
I am the one that tells you to keep fighting
I am your right
I am your left
Im am what makes you want to be the best
I am your sword
I am your faith
I am what makes you stay on the path straight
I am always here
I am always near
I always hear
I am your peer
I am your hope
I am your dreams
I am not what everything seems
I am what helps you to grow
I am what you will always know
I am what you do
In fact, I am you






4 comments:

catherinecarmen said...

did you write this brenny?



you should be an english major. screw comm.



I still love you

Brennan said...

Haha yeah I wrote this. BTW sorry for being so out of control the other night haha

kara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kara said...

Brenny this is amazing! this is such a gift!